자유게시판

What Do You Think? Heck Is Audi G28?

페이지 정보

profile_image
    작성자 Daniella
    댓글 0건 조회 5회 작성일 24-09-20 16:15

본문

How to Replace an audi key replacement G28 Engine Speed Sensor

jaguar-logo.pngCharles the Humble Technician teaches you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor is situated near the transmission's edge just above the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU via a grey wire T55/49, then to the tachometer on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

It is located on the outside of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear, the G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends an electrical signal to ECU pin T55/49 via an uncolored wire. The ECU then utilizes this information to regulate fuel, timig and boost. It also sends signals to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to correlate the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu needs to be aware of when the crankshaft has reached TDC and also the location of the camshaft in order to activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will display a P00160 error code. This indicates that the Crank Shaft is not in line with the Intake Camshaft. It could also indicate an issue with the chain or a jump in the chain link of the upper chain. However the code will not appear on its own without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

It's a bit tricky to test since there are different pins on the connector and each has its own functions. The most effective method to test it is by measuring the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read about 1000 ohms if the sensor is in full operation. Check for signs of coolant, or oil in the connector bay if you are experiencing issues with this part.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, as i was accelerating off the highway paytoll at maximum speed, i noticed a huge decrease in power. It was as if the engine was running out of gas. Or my injectors weren't firing. In the morning, i removed the spark plugs. Three were soaked with gazoline and the fourth was dry. When I start the engine without sparks i put tissue on the top of each of the injector holes and the 3 drenched with gazoline jump out but the 4th one stays closed. I checked the ground connection of ECU pins 14,30, and 48/55. I got zero ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID but without success. The car will start when the G28 is disconnected and runs fine when it is plugged in but it still has the intermittent misfire issue at higher RPM. The temperature sensor for coolant (G62) shows the wrong temperature of -49c even when i unplug it. Also, i noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar, whereas the actual pressure is 0.0 when i rev the engine.

I'm not sure what to do, as i feel i have pretty much ruled out everything else. But i am afraid I may have missed something. If anyone has suggestions, please share them! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump on the g28 is activated by a signal sent by the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is the same as the G4 and they both work in the 80 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars so you can easily find one at a junkyard or from a parts store. It is easy to test them - simply put your DMM into resistance mode and determine the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector end facing up). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines requires to know the position and speed of the crankshaft to make decisions regarding timing of the fuel injector, etc. In order to do this it utilizes a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you have a problem with either of these, the diagnostic scanner will show the codes that could trigger an engine shutdown.

Some of the signs of a failing G28 sensor are an inaccurate rev counter for the gearbox and gears that shift faster than normal, and/or a misfire when you are in gear. It is likely that the sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you encounter any of these symptoms. The good news is they are very affordable and easy to find, especially in the case of the Bosch model, which is what we have. You can also choose the GM version of this component is also a good option.

5. Tachometer

A failing engine sensor could cause a number of problems within your vehicle. It's an essential component of the audi keys replacement cost's transmission as it sends information to the ECU about how fast or slow the vehicle's crankshaft is turning. When this sensor fails, it could cause problems for the transmission and the rest of the car's components.

The G5 engine speed sensor is located on the outside of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear and sends a signal directly to the ECU at pin T55/49 via an uncolored wire. The ECU utilizes this signal to regulate the amount of fuel and boost, and also timig. It also relays it to the G5 Tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can test for sensor failure by examining the continuity of the sensor to the tachometer. Additionally, you can check continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 and pin T26a/12. You should detect the resistance to be around 1000 ohms between these points. This is the same across the audi spare key new audi replacement key cost (by shop.ororo.co.kr) 80-100-200-RS2 series, starting from the 1985 MC all the way up to the 1997 UrS AN and 1995 RS2 DU, so you might find good ones in wrecking yards.toyota-logo-2020.png

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

HOME
    카톡상담
    서비스신청
    우공신블로그